Sunday, May 11, 2014

Letter to you, good friend


The other day I was looking into the mirror
When I saw you.
Those honest eyes, the very same smile
Heck, the swearing too.

Don’t smile just yet.
Know what? I miss you sometimes.
Like when I need to be myself,
Or even just listen to wind-chimes.      

There’s this thought stuck in my head.
Could incomplete be complete?
Like I see the world without lenses,
With magic, the vision replete!

The first time I entered your home;
Did you hear the doorbell ring that day?
But questions are better than answers.
At least, that’s what I always say.

There are words people will speak,
Muffled voices, silly chatter…
But let’s not get into definitions now,
I guess, the less we know the better.

Because, Good friend…
Tell me if you can do so,
How often does one get it right?
How easy is it to let go?


PS- You can smile now. J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...