Thursday, October 6, 2011

An Ode To My Mother...


















I was a newborn
she entwined her fingers with mine
took me to her bosom n made a promise
a promise to nurture me forever
and then she kissed my forehead

I was one
she held up my tiny hands
and made me take my first steps
she cheered for me and shed tears
tears of amazement and pride

I was five
i stood with her in awe of the big gates
feeling like an outsider in an alien world
she assured me that she would wait,while I wept
as she let go of me for the first time

I was ten
I tripped on a stone and cut myself
she rushed to me,beads of sweat on her forehead
I could see my pain reflected in her eyes
eyes that sparkled with love and concern

I was thirteen
I'd newly discovered the rebel in me
I was experiencing the tumults of the years
as she watched me grow from a child to a teenager
she smiled to herself in silent amusement

I was fifteen
in her i found a shoulder to cry on
she was my rock and my weakness
we fought and joked and went all crazy
creating memories that we would laugh at later

I am seventeen now
she is my best friend,my guide
the keeper of my darkest secrets
my refuge in times of agony
she is the one who puts a smile on my face
she is my MOTHER.

-Aamen.

2 comments:

  1. Speechless and my heart filled with fresh air..
    Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Love u my darling daughter

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...